Monday, February 19, 2007

Busy Saturday

Saturday was a fairly busy day. I got up fairly early, as I usually do, because Rhi works on Saturdays (for now). I let Troy wake her up so that she & I wouldn't start our day off badly, and took her to work when it was time. After that I went & followed Dawn to the place she had arranged to replace her tires & get her oil changed and such, and then I took her to Walm@rt, so she could get a St. Patrick's shirt, some fabric and waste a little time. When we picked her car up, we found out that her clutch is going out, which really put a damper on things. I followed her home, gave her the stuff she had in my trunk & came home & started my red beans & rice.

Troy & I puttered around for most of the day. I picked Erin & Alisha up from their big night at the hotel (*rolling my eyes*), picked Rhi up from work & took her to the store, came back home & finished up the red beans & rice & got ready to leave. We went to Dawn, Jason & Ryan's for our annual Mardi Gras party, had a lot of good food, good drinks, laughs & fun. Erin & Alisha went with us, and Rhi brought Will & Wade, so there were a lot of people there, and it was noisy & happy & fun, just like times past.

We ended up with no King Cake and so Vicki & Charley made one out of filled donuts, frosting & sugar sprinkles, and stuck a gold ring in one of them because we had no baby. I got the ring, which means we'll have to provide the cake next year, which is fine, because it also means we'll have one.

No comments: