Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Trolley Square

News from my state: Teen Gunman Kills 5 in Utah Mall. I guess I'll never understand the motivation of someone who kills strangers. I understand why people kill in the heat of the moment, sometimes anger takes over. I can understand why school shootings happen (I'm not saying that I sympathize or think its a good solution to a problem). I don't get the motivation of someone who walks into a crowded mall & calmly opens fire.

New from my house: Rhi was in a car accident yesterday. She's fine, as is everyone who was in the vehicle. It was a 0ne-car collision with a concrete barrier, the car is totaled (it wasn't mine, she was with a friend). The driver hit his head on the steering wheel when his airbags didn't deploy, Rhi & her boyfriend were in the back seat, which saved their lives. The police weren't sure how any of them survived & were shocked that there were no serious injuries. Needless to say, she's very sore & stiff & her emotions are very close to the surface right now. But, she's safe and healthy & in one piece, and that's what matters.

No comments: