Friday, August 17, 2007

Updating the Bedroom

Last Summer, I bought a new comforter set, in Moroccan style stripes - it has burnt orange, plum, deep red & beige in it. I really love it & it brightened up the room so much. In December, my grandmother gave me her four-post bed, and it has a cinnamon colored stain & a nutmeg one, with inlays and such, its a gorgeous bed. Recently, I ordered a beautiful set of wooden blinds for the window near our bed. The ordering process is super easy, they have pointers for measuring everything and links explaining almost every step of the process. Today I received them, I got them in a nutmeg stain that matches my bed perfectly, and the cloth tapes are a mulberry color that's really close to the plum in my comforter.

This is what my window looked like before we installed them:


Pretty ghastly, wasn't it? We had no privacy right there because the mini-blinds that were here when we moved in were broken, and we just never got around to doing anything about it until today. So, we set about updating the way it looked. Troy brought in his cordless screwdriver, we measured where the mounting brackets went, marked it & Troy started to work. Less than 10 minutes later, the blinds were securely in place & he was mounting the beautiful matching valance.

Even with them up, its a huge improvement to that area. They were so easy for Troy to install, and he was really impressed with the way everything went together and how easy it was to figure out. They have instructions for installation on the web site, but by the time I started reading them, he already had it figured out & was ready to start.

I am so pleased with my new blinds, I just can't say that enough! They made my whole bedroom look so much better and we even have privacy now. Troy works nights part of the month, and now he'll be able to sleep better in the day, because we can close the blinds and block out the sunlight. Thank you so much Blinds Chalet! I can't wait to show them off to everyone I know!

7 comments:

Tami P said...

Your new blinds are beautiful. They add such a comforting touch and warmth.

Homemom3 said...

Wow, they sure do make a difference don't they. I sure hope I get mine soon. I have this ugly curtain/rag thing hiding my sliding glass door from the outside world to give myself some privacy.

Kat said...

I absolutely love them! They add warmth, style and keep out the light too. Gorgeous!

Cynthia Blue said...

Wow those are gorgeous!

Dyane said...

Thanks for the comments everyone, I just can't stop looking at them & I know you'll all be thrilled with yours, too :)

BeccA's Buzz said...

Wow, these look fanta-bulous! They really make the window disappear behind there! Congrats, it was an update well overdo and by the looks of it, done right!

Ann crum said...

The more I look at different people's blinds, the more anxious I am to get mine up! That made a huge difference in that window. Just beautiful!