Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Back to the Grind

Well, this is the first full week of school & Rhi is already staying up too late & getting up grumpy and tired. I got up at 3am to use the bathroom & her bedroom light was on. When I came out, it was off. She claimed that it wasn't on & that she went to bed at around 12 or 1, which, in my opinion, is way too late when she has to get up at 6:20. She comes home after school with Kris, they do their home work & then have to take a nap. I think if she skips the nap, she ought to be ready to go to bed before 11, I know I am.

We had a really good summer and we did some fun things, but it always seems like we didn't do anything or go anywhere when I look back on it. Yeah, we went camping and cooked out a lot, Faire was fun and so were the other things we did, but its not like we actually went anywhere, or that we have a mountain cabin or an Orlando vacation home to go to (not that I'd vacation anywhere hot in the summer!) or anything like that.

Do normal, run-of-the-mill people like us do the same types of things in the summer? Camping, barbecuing and hanging out? Or are we sub-par? We do have one last fun thing we're doing next weekend. We're going to go to the Iron County Fair, which we've never done in all of the years we've been here, so I'm looking forward to that. We're also going to a party this Friday night at Vicki's house, which should be a lot of fun.

I can't believe that Garrett will be 21 in a month. Wow. Where did all of the years go?

No comments: