Sunday, September 06, 2009

Cutting Costs

I've been trying to rework our budget lately just so we can have the bare minimum going out in case Troy loses his job or anything. I just don't want to sit around & worry that we won't be able to make it on his unemployment in the event that we have to, you know? I try to keep our food costs down, but there are weeks when we run out of everything & that almost doubles our grocery bill. Now that we have Rhi living with us again, groceries will go up some, too. I think I'll try to find cheaper car insurance, if that's even possible & cut the costs of our utilities as much as possible & gas for my car & just see what we can do on our savings plan.

I'm not terribly worried about his job, but you never know what the future holds, especially in the field he's in, so it's best to try to be as prepared as possible & not be caught unawares, you know? I don't like surprises, especially bad ones & would rather be ready for anything, if at all possible. I hate the state this country is in, I wish & hope that things will start to look up for all of us, soon.

No comments: