Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween! I know I've skipped a couple of days in posting, but Sunday I was just too wiped out from the party & yesterday Blogger wouldn't connect & let me post, so I told myself I'd try later & promptly forgot.

The party was a rousing success & a good time was had by all - or so it seemed, at any rate. We had several awesome choices for the disgusting food contest & choosing the best tasting of those was really hard, as our group of friends is full of excellent cooks. We had:

1. Pumpkin Puke (guacamole coming out of a jack'o'lantern's mouth)
2. Gangrenous Goblin (a sausage & cheese bread roll, the meat filling was a nasty green color)
3. Snout Stew (hot dogs slives thinly & made to look like pig snouts in baked beans)
4. Helen's Surprise (a pasta salad served in a potty chair)
5. Stomach Lining (pink jello salad with mystery fruit inside)
6. Goblin Guts (stuffed mashed potatoes that were colored green with red areas)
7. Fromundah Cheese (cheese curds)
8. Witch's Hat cake
9. Witch's Brew (lime jello, pineapple juice, ginger ale & dry ice)

The Most Disgusting was #2 & the Best Tasting was #3

The costumes were awesome, too. It seems like all of the women & one of our teen girls dressed as witches, though. It was kind of cool anyway, because we were all so different. Ryan dressed as an angel, complete with the white gown & wings, it was awesome.

So, tonight Rhi & her friends are all going out trick-or-treating & I'll probably be all alone here, unless I decide to pack up my goodies & go to Dawn's house & hang out with MY friends. If Erin plans to come over, I'll stay here, because he needs me right now (Alisha left him Saturday & has moved back in with her mom).


No comments: