Monday, October 16, 2006

Catching Up at Last

Well, since I lost the ability to actually post in my MSN Spaces blog, I thought I'd start a new one here (again). I doubt that any of my previous readers (the 2 or 3 I had) will find me here, but its worth a shot.

I kind of dropped off the planet after about mid-June, but around that time Spaces changed & I couldn't post anymore. Ryan made it home safely, the first week was kind of chaotic, since the city had so many things planned, we wanted time with him & his family did, too. I'm surprised he didn't tell us all to screw off & run away for about a month. He didn't, thankfully & we all (including him) got used to having him back. We ended up helping all of them move at the end of June (yes, right before Faire) and then spent the last week before Faire frantically finishing up sewing & making product for the booth.

Erin moved out at the beginning of July, with Alisha. It seems that they may end up back here before long, as both of them are now unemployed. I just hope they realize that they aren't living here for free, either. We can't afford it anymore.

Faire went well, we didn't make an awful lot of money, but I did get a better idea of what does & doesn't sell, which prepares us for next year. Working in a booth or running a booth doesn't leave a lot of time or energy for playing at Faire, but at least we felt like we were doing something with our time while we were there. The only thing that happened that I wish I could change was that one of the boys from our Amtgard days came back into our lives.

Rhi got her drivers license in August, shortly after school started & was thrilled about it, until she found out that we couldn't afford to get her insured on either one of our vehicles. We started looking for something we could afford for her, but didn't have an awful lot of luck. She also started dating the boy from our Amtgard days at the end of July. We were ok with this, he treated her well, he said all of the right things, he made sure she got home when she was supposed to. She seemed pretty happy with him, that was really all that mattered. His parents (supposedly) hated her & wouldn't allow him to date her, so he lied about it, which didn't help anything.

I really think he shouldn't have been involved with anyone, and certainly shouldn't have been lying to his parents or anyone else. He should have, at the very least, been honest with Rhi about what he was after in a "relationship" because it wasn't the same thing she was looking for. He asked her to go to his Homecoming dance (he goes to a different high school than she does) & so I bought her a dress & everything she needed for the dance & the week of Homecoming, after she had skipped her own the Saturday before, he broke up with her. She had a very hard time of it over the past few weeks, but she seems to be coming out the other side finally.

This past weekend, we bought her a scooter, so she has her own transportation now & she's thrilled with it. She plans to get a job & pay for at least half of it, along with her own gas & maintenence.

Other than that, my best friend's 17 year old daughter is pregnant. The baby is due June 7. None of us were thrilled about it, but expressing those feelings won't help or support her & that's what she really needs right now.


1 comment:

Dyane said...

I'm glad to be back too, Pam, I kept waiting in the hopes that it would fix itself, but it never did!!