Thursday, October 19, 2006

Today's picture comes from SkyFest this past September. This was the view from my driveway on the second morning. Its awesome, because we can see all of the balloons from home, they fly above us, sometimes floating down far enough for us to see the pilots & they wave at us.

Rhi worked on the chase crew for The Southern Cross from New Zealand that day & had a great time. It was the last time she & her ex went anywhere together & she still remembers it fondly, just because it was an awesome day for her. The sound of the burners is really loud from here, and last year it woke Tiny up, she raced to the window & freaked out when she saw a hot air balloon on the horizon. She was growling & shaking. This year, she just tilted her head & looked up in the sky (she was in the yard with me), so I think she remembered.

We have so many awesome cultural events in our small town. It really makes living here exciting. It seems like there's something going on all the time, no matter what the season is. I would have never imagined all of this when we visited here 14 years ago, but my mom did tell me that I'd be surprised what all goes on here. All that, plus clean air, a low crime rate & nice schools, too. I guess it makes up for the other crap we have to deal with by living here, but I imagine every community has their fair share of that.

Anyhow...

Tonight are the last Freshman & Junior Varsity football games, and their against our cross-town rival, Cedar High. Tomorrow night, the Varsity team plays them. We plan to go to all three games, starting at 4pm today. Today's games are away games, so we'll have to go to their field, which is fine, but I'm not sure how we get to the guest side of the stands, since we've only been there watching home games (Rhi's ex plays for their Varsity team), but I guess we'll figure it out. We really love going & will miss it after this week. That's one thing we carried away from that relationship, we discovered that the three of us really love watching high school football together. Troy seems to spend a lot of time teaching the ladies at each game exactly what's going on, but its ok, they appreciate it & he doesn't mind.

I didn't get anything done that I had planned to yesterday, I just kind of hung out on my computer & then went & watched The Biggest Loser last night. Troy did cook dinner, though. Rhi went & played AirSoft with Erin & some friends until about 8 last night, too. She said she had a lot of fun. All I know for sure is that it was very muddy & she forgot to change out of her white jeans before she went & that she came home rosy-cheeked & smiling. I also know that she has a crush on someone new & that's a huge relief, even if nothing ever comes from it.

Ok, that's my news o'the day.. now onto a meme:

1. You can press a button that will make any one person explode. Who would you blow up? My ex - the Evil Asshole.

2. You can flip a switch that will wipe any band or musical artist out of existence. Which one will it be? The Black-Eyed Peas for that stupid "My Humps" song.

3. Who would you really like to just punch in the face? Kyler Anderson - I'm pretty sure the only thing he really understands in this world is physical pain - and he really deserves it.

4. What is your favorite cheese? Sharp Cheddar or Swiss

5. You can only have one kind of sandwich. Every sandwich ingredient known to humankind is at your immediate disposal. What kind will you make?
Mesquite-smoked turkey, sharp cheddar, bacon, avocado, tomatoes on some sort of nutty bread with mayo and Dijon mustard.

6. You have the opportunity to sleep with the movie celebrity of your choice. We are talking no-strings-attached sex and it can only happen once. Who is the lucky celebrity of your choice?
Ummm. No idea.

7. You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who do you pick?
Again, no idea.

8. Now that you've slept with two different people in a row, you seem to be having an excellent day because you just came across a hundred-dollar bill on the sidewalk. Holy crap, a hundred bucks! How are you gonna spend it?
Oh. Probably on bills or something, just to get a little more caught up.

9. You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
If I'm going alone, I guess to Pueblo to visit Garrett. If Troy has a ticket, too? Ireland.

10. Upon arrival to the aforementioned location, you get off the plane and discover another hundred-dollar bill. Now that you are in the new location, what are you gonna do?
Use it for food & stuff, wherever I am.

11. A demon rises out of Hell and offers you a lifetime supply of the alcoholic beverage of your choice. It is...?
Bloody Marys

12. Rufus appears out of nowhere with a time-traveling phone booth. You can go anytime in the PAST. What time are you traveling to and what are you going to do when you get there?
You know, I've never thought about it. All the past I want I get with the pleasure of historical re-creation without the risk of death or dismemberment.

13. You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place?
Cocktails on the beach every night beginning around 6 p.m. Attendance mandatory. Virgin cocktails & slushy, fruity drinks for the kids available, too. (part of this was already here when I did it, I just added to it)

14. You have been given the opportunity to create the half-hour TV show of your own design. What is it called and what's the premise?
No idea, I'm not all that creative.

15. What is your favorite curse word?
Fuck. And any variation of it.

16. One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by MUMMIES. The mummies aren't really doing anything, they're just standing around your bed. What do you do?
Probably whimper, cry and not be able to move.

17. Your house is on fire! You have just enough time to run in there and grab ONE inanimate object. Don't worry, your loved ones and pets have already made it out safely. So what's the item?
The family scrapbook.

18. The Angel of Death has descended upon you. Fortunately, the Angel of Death is pretty cool and in a good mood, and it offers you a half-hour to do whatever you want before you bite it. Whatcha gonna do in that half-hour?
Tell my loved ones all of those things I know they're gonna want to hear before I go. And hug them. A lot.

19. You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what's even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What's it gonna be?
Super-speed.. maybe it would speed up my metabolism & make weight loss easier. If not, the housework would go fast.

20. You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
The first half hour of my relationship with Troy, when I was telling him that I was in love with him.

21. You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
Yeah. Anyone who knows me, already knows what it is.. or one of them. The rest of ya'll? None of your bizz.

22. You got kicked out of the country for being a time-traveling heathen who sleeps with celebrities and has super-powers. But check out this cool stuff... you can move to anywhere else in the world! Bitchin'! What country are you going to live in now?
Ireland.. duh?

23. This question still counts, even for those of you who are under age. You have been eternally banned from every single bar in the world except for ONE. Which one is it gonna be?
Go ahead. Who cares? As long as I can still drink with my friends, it doesn't matter.

24. Hopefully you didn't mention this in the super-powers question.... If you did, then we'll just expand on that. Check it out... Suddenly, you have gained the ability to FLOAT!!! Whose house are you going to float to first, and be like "Dude, check it out... I can FLOAT!"?
Hehee!! My brother's, when he drunk (which is all the time) just to freak him out.

25. The constant absorption of magical moonbeams mixed with the radioactive vegetables you consumed earlier has given you the ability to resurrect the dead famous-person of your choice. So which celebrity will you bring back to life?
Who cares? Its not like I knew any of them.

26. The Gates of Hell have opened, and Death appears. As it turns out, Death is actually a pretty cool entity, and happens to be in a fantastic mood. Death offers to return the friend/family-member/person, etc. of your choice to the living world. Who will you bring back? Troy's dad. I would've liked to have met him & to have had him in my children's lives.

27. What's your theme song?
"Don't Worry 'Bout a Thing" by SheDaisy

No comments: