Sunday, October 22, 2006

Today's picture is one I didn't take myself, but its from last night's football game. It was a really good game, the spirit was extremely high & the crowds were huge for both teams. I could try to do a play-by-play, but quite frankly, I don't remember everything. The first half was dominanted by Cedar High, without a doubt. The second half was a different game, altogether. It was like they came out & said "You know what? We're gonna play football OUR way." and they did.

Our team, Canyon View (the guys in black & teal), ended up losing, the final score was 42-21, but they didn't roll over us like a train & we put up a good fight. It was the best I've seen them play this season. We ended the season with dignity & that's all we could have asked for, really. Next year will be our year. This year was Cedar High's year, they ended the regular season in first place heading for the state championship.

We have a three-day weekend. Hunting season has started & its traditional for the kids to have the first Monday off of school, its officially called "Harvest Holiday," but we all know its really "Hunting Holiday." That's ok, its one more day that I don't have to get up early. I celebrated by sleeping late today & just letting my body tell me when it had enough rest. Then Rhi & I met Erin & his friends at Rainbow Canyon & played AirSoft for a few hours. It was a lot of fun & being out there, climbing hills & doing all of that walking is really good for me. I even managed a couple of kills this time.

After that, Rhi & I went out to my folks' house for a little while, since we hadn't been out since August & I was pretty sure they were getting a little concerned since we hadn't. They teased me about it for awhile &then we caught up & I had to leave, because Rhi's head was hurting & I was gonna have to come home to figure out what to cook & all.

No comments: