Thursday, March 18, 2010

Springy

Dawn & I went & wandered around the yard yesterday, looking at all of the new growth & trying to decide what I ought to do with my yard. We know we want a fire pit out there & have plenty of bricks to line it with, I'm just not sure exactly where we're going to build that. There a sandbox in the yard, too, that looks like it had a nice cover for the top at one time. It's missing a pole for that, but we think we may have found it under a pile of snow.

I want to build a brick floor in the gazebo and take the cover off of that & fix it if we can, or make a new one, if fixing it isn't possible. Then there's the dog run, which Dawn & I figured out a much easier plan to do with that than Troy & I originally did & I ran that by him last night when he got home. That'll take us a lot less money & maybe a day to get finished & ready for Tiny.

We have a lot of cleaning, raking & prepping to do out there before the rowing season starts, but I think we're really looking forward to it, too. Today, if it doesn't rain, I'm going out to prune the rose bushes, since they're horribly overgrown at this point & somewhat dangerous.

No comments: