Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Scary Times

I guess the big story in the news right now is all about the Swine Flu outbreak, isn't it? I'm concerned about it, but mostly because my immune system has been screwed up since Troy was in the hospital. We're both afraid that if I get it, I won't survive.

I'm thankful that we live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, but we do get a lot of tourists here, so I guess we have just as much of a chance of having an outbreak here as anyone else does. I think I'd be scared to death if I still had kids in school, just knowing what kind of germs & stuff that they bring home is a cause for concern, anyway, let alone in a time like this.

What about you parents who do have young children? If they're in school do you think you're more concerned? Are you even worried about it, at all? Have you taken any precautions? I don't know if there are any that can be taken. I hadn't paid a lot of attention to it all until last night, and then Troy & I expressed the same sentiment, hoping that I don't get it.

I did read today that the US had it's first casualty in Texas & that the WHO has raised the alert to "pandemic level 5" and stated that a global outbreak is emminent. That's pretty scary.

No comments: