Wednesday, May 07, 2008

It Must be Spring!

It's really coming down out there right now, so much that my ceiling is leaking in several places. Fun times. I guess as long as it's leaking, it isn't filling up with water & getting ready to collapse, as it's done a few times in the past, huh?

Erin made it home at about 1pm. They had quite a layover in Las Vegas, as there wasn't enough room on the bus when it was time for them to leave. He was pretty tired, but not tired of his life on the road. He plans to hop trains at the end of the month & head east. *Sigh* It just never ends, does it? I'm going to spend the next few years worrying about him & wishing he'd settle down.

My mom called earlier, to get a phone number from me & I asked how her day was going. She kind of hesitated, which usually tells me it's a bad day with my grandma. It was, and it's so hard to see her this way, all of my life she was this strong, bossy woman, who prided herself in being the posture corrector of the family, along with the morals police, and now she doesn't know who any of us are or when we are most days. It's very sad.

Rhi's birthday was low-key, but nice. She went to reapply for a job she had to wait for until today, and she secured an interview for tomorrow afternoon. After that we met Dawn, Jason, Justin, Morgan, Roger & the baby at Chili's for dinner. Erin had wanted to go along, but he was so exhausted, he fell asleep in my craft room & didn't want to get up. After we got home, she went out for awhile with her friend Sean. She just got home & seemed happy, I hope she had fun.

No comments: