Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy (Belated) Mother's Day!

I had an especially nice Mother's Day. It was a wonderful change to have Troy home all day, instead of working. I got up fairly late, puttered around in the living room awhile & then the kids got up & we talked, laughed & watched TV together for awhile. I woke Troy up about 30 minutes before we needed to leave for my mom's house & everyone got ready to go.

We went out there & had to wait for my brother & niece to arrive because they were waiting until my sis in law left for work (she's looking really great these days, so much better than she did before the weight loss pills). They got there & mom & I finished dinner up and got it all on the table for everyone. Don't worry, it wasn't a huge, complicated meal, it was just frozen lasagna, garlic bread, salad & vegetables with a nice bakery cake for dessert. No one worked particularly hard on anything and it was all just perfect.

All of the kids spent time riding my dad's ATV and wandering around the property and then mine each took naps for awhile. My grandmother was having a pretty bad day, but we all got through it with a little humor, as always. After we got home, my niece called & wanted to come over for awhile, so I went & got her at about 6 & she stayed until 8. At around 8:30, we headed over to Dawn's for gaming & came home at 12:30 or so. All in all, a really nice day!

No comments: