Saturday, March 31, 2007

Tick-Tock

I have always loved clocks, there's just something about them that fascinates me. When I was a little girl, my grandmother had a tiny, red, cuckoo clock that you rarely noticed ticking during the day, but at night, when the house was quiet, its sound would lull me to sleep. My mom had a beautiful mantle clock that my grandfather made from a ship's clock, that chimed on the hour which was also dear to me. Troy has one that his grandfather made, its just gorgeous, but we can't use it because the key broke & it can no longer be wound. My favorite type of clock has always been the grandfather clock. We look at them often, and both of us wish we had space for one, and I'm pretty sure that when we get a bigger, more permanent home, we'll look into getting one.

No comments: