Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Music MeMe

1. Go to popculturemadness.com and select the year (in the left sidebar) you turned 18.

2. Paste the list of the top 75 songs.

3. Bold the ones you liked; strike the ones you disliked; and italicize the ones you knew but didn't exactly like or dislike. The ones you don’t know will stay plain text.

Originally swiped from Poppy, and I'm only doing this to prove what a suck-ass year 1984 was for music. Particularly if you weren't into pop, which apparently I wasn't. (Except for Prince. Looks like I LOVED his ass.)

I am trying REALLY REALLY hard to be true to what I liked/didn't like/hadn't heard of AT THE TIME, without letting my current feelings lo these many years later affect my answers. But keep in mind, I was drinking a WHOLE hell of a lot in 1984. Like, more than now. That was the year I both graduated high school AND started college, yo. So. My memory may be a bit faulty, is what I'm saying.

1. Thriller - Michael Jackson
2. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
3. Footloose - Kenny Loggins
4. Like A Virgin - Madonna
5. Holiday - Madonna
6. Pride (In The Name Of Love) - U2
7. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham!
8. Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen
9. Jam On It - Newcleus
10. Legs - ZZ Top
11. I Can't Drive 55 - Sammy Hagar
12. Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
13. Lucky Star - Madonna
14. What's Love Got To Do With It - Tina Turner
15. Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
16. She Bop - Cyndi Lauper
17. Let's Hear It For The Boy - Denise Williams
18. Against All Odds - Phil Collins
19. Stay With Me Tonight - Jeffrey Osborne
20. Purple Rain - Prince
21. I Will Follow - U2
22. Miss Me Blind - Culture Club
23. I Feel For You - Chaka Kahn
24. Heart Of Rock and Roll - Huey Lewis and the News
25. Let's Stay Together - Tina Turner
26. I Just Called To Say I Love You - Stevie Wonder
27. Borderline - Madonna
28. We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister
29. Let's Go Crazy - Prince
30. Let The Music Play - Shannon
31. Cover Me - Bruce Springsteen
32. Holding Out For A Hero - Bonnie Tyler
33. Runaway - Bon Jovi
34. Rock You Like A Hurricane - Scorpions
35. Jump - Van Halen
36. 99 Luftballons - Nena
37. Eat It - Wierd Al Yankovic
38. Teacher Teacher - 38 Special
39. Cruel Summer - Bananarama
40. Somebody's Watching Me - Rockwell
41. I Want A New Drug - Huey Lewis and the News
42. Bang Your Head (Mental Health) - Quiet Riot
43. White Horse - Laid Back
44. Mama We're All Crazee Now - Quiet Riot
45. Remember The Nights - The Motels
46. Caribbean Queen - Billy Ocean
47. I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister
48. Jump (For My Love) - Pointer Sisters
49. Ya Mo Be There - James Ingram
50. Rebel Yell - Billy Idol
51. Better Be Good To Me - Tina Turner
52. Sister Christian - Night Ranger
53. Illegal Alien - Genesis
54. It's My Life - Talk Talk
55. Look At That Cadillac - Stray Cats
56. Hard Habit To Break - Chicago
57. When Doves Cry - Prince
58. High Energy - Evelyn Thomas
59. On The Dark Side - John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band
60. Missing You - John Waite
61. Taking It All Too Hard - Genesis
62. No Parking (On The Dance Floor) - Midnight Star
63. Hot For Teacher - Van Halen
64. Superstar/Until You Come Back To Me - Luthor Vandross
65. The Longest Time - Billy Joel
66. Midnight Maniac - Krokus
67. A Girl In Trouble (Is A Temporary Thing) - Romeo Void
68. You're The Best Thing - The Style Council
69. 10-9-8 - Face to Face
70. To All The Girls I've Loved Before - Julio Iglesias and Willie Nelson
71. State of Shock - Jacksons and Mick Jagger
72. Blue Light - David Gilmour
73. Freakshow On The Dancefloor - Bar-Kays
74. Love Kills - Freddie Mercury
75. Sex Shooter - Apollonia 6

No comments: