Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Dreary Weather

Its cold, gray & raining today. At least the wind has mellowed out a little, though. It blew so loud & hard last night it kept waking me up. I'm so tired today. I don't know if its lack of sleep, if I'm coming down with something or its PMs, all I know is that I want to sleep.

Rhi & I got into a minor argument at the school this morning, she was panicking over something & asked for my help, so the minute I started helping her she acted like I touched her inappropriately & yelled at me. So. That was fun. We got it straightened out through text messages before the day was too old, though. She starts training at her new job this evening, I hope it goes well for her, but that she won't stay if she hates it.

Anyhow.. here's a Wedding/Marriage Meme & then I'm gonna nap.

1. Where/How did you meet?
At my house, in Pueblo, Colorado. A member of our gaming group invited him & some of his friends over to game. I had gotten married to the EA about a week before & knew the minute I saw Troy what a huge mistake I'd made.

2. How long have you known each other?
16 years on March 31.

3. How long after you met did you start dating?
2 months. I know that sounds weird, considering I said I'd just gotten married. The ex was cheating on me with my best friend since before we'd gotten married, I was just too stupid to see it until they came right out & admitted it to me in May. I was already in love with Troy, but I was behaving myself & not acting on my feelings. We were, however, getting to be very close friends & he was taking over the spot that my best friend had left when she started sleeping with the ex. When I kicked the ex out, I told Troy how I felt & we've been together since.

4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
We started our relationship on May 29 & were engaged on July 11.

5. How long was your engagement?
2 months. We got married right after my divorce was final.

6. How long have you been married?
15 1/2 years.

7. What is your anniversary?
September 26.

8. How many people came to your wedding reception?
About 9 or 10, we just had coffee & cake at our house that evening.

9. What kind of cake did you serve?
Chocolate.

10. Where was your wedding?
In a judge's office in Pueblo, Colorado.

11. What did you serve for your meal?
Just the coffee and cake.

12. How many people were in your wedding party
Us & our witnesses, Troy had a best man & I had a dude of honor.

13. Are you still friends with them all?
If we could ever get to see Ken again (he was the best man) we'd still be friends. We lost track of Chuck (the dude of honor) when we left Colorado.

14.Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?
Not that I recall.

15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
There was a moment that morning, when we were both feeling very nervous, when we realized that everything about us fit together perfectly.. right down to my wedding ring fitting inside of his.

16.Any funny moments?
Yeah, the judge sounded just like a Dalek.

17. Any big disasters?
Well. We were scheduled to get married the day before, but the judge forgot that they lock the courthouse at 4. We were supposed to get married at 4:30, so we had to reschedule for the next morning.

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
6 years later we went on a Caribbean cruise to the Bahamas.

19. How long were you gone?
About 9 days total.

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
Probably nothing.

21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
Lying on my back its the right side.

22. What size is your bed?
Full

23. Greatest strength as a couple?
We're best friends.

24. Greatest challenge as a couple?
Raising kids.

25. Who literally pays the bills?
I do. All of them. Troy earns most of the money, but I take care of the finances.

26. What is your song?
Everything I Do (I Do it For You) by Bryan Adams.

27. What did you dance your first dance to?
We didn't have one.

28. Describe your wedding dress:
It was a knee-length purple shirt with a sheer white blouse.

29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
My bouquet was my 1 year old daughter :)

30. Are your wedding bands engraved?
No.

31. How old were you when you got married?
I was 25, and Troy was 26.

No comments: