Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Books.. I Love Books!

Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback? Mass-market paperback is fine with me.

Amazon or brick and mortar? Amazon. We only have one bookstore here that doesn't specialize in LDS books.

Barnes & Noble or Borders? I guess Barnes & Noble, its the only one I've ever been to.

Bookmark or dogear? Depends on whether the book is mine or borrowed.

Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random? They're on the shelf by author, but not alphabetized. In some cases, they're on the shelf in the order of the series.

Keep, throw away, or sell? Depends on the book. If its from an author or series I collect, I keep them.

Keep dustjacket or toss it? I keep them.

Read with dustjacket or remove it? I usually tape the dustjacket in the book, so on.

Short story or novel? Either.

Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)? Either.

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? Harry Potter.

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? When I'm tired.

"It was a dark and stormy night" or "Once upon a time"? Both, but usually "It was a dark & stormy night."

Buy or Borrow? Both.

New or used? Both.

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse? Recommendations & browsing.

Tidy ending or cliffhanger? Depends on whether its a stand-alone or a series.

Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading? Night-time usually.

Stand-alone or series? Both.

Favorite series? Discworld by Terry Pratchett

Favorite children's book? Charlotte's Web

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? I don't know of one.

Favorite books read last year? Hogfather, Soul Music, Thief of Time, Witches Abroad, Wyrd Sisters

Favorite books of all time? Discworld series, Harry Potter series, a lot of Stephen King's books.

Least favorite book you finished last year? If it was a least favorite, I didn't bother finishing it.

What are you reading right now? Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

What are you reading next? Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix

No comments: