Thursday, January 14, 2010

Snowy Day

It was cloudy & cold all day yesterday, later on it started to rain & the snow & we woke up with a light dusting on the ground today. It's been snowing & raining off & on ever since. I don't mind, it is winter, after all & this is what happens in the winter. I'm not a fan of the snow & cold, but it's a fact of life where I live, so I just look forward to the rest of the year. I tend to do a lot more relaxing & staying at home during the cold months, they seem to make me sleepy & want to feel cozy & comfortable. There isn't much I'd rather do in the winter besides curling up with a cup of something warm to drink and a good book or a good show on TV.

Today, I think I'm going to research some recipes for low-fat comfort food for the next two weeks, since I've really been enjoying making new things lately. I need to get my menu & grocery list planned before we go grocery shopping tomorrow, and I also need to get my fridge cleaned out. I'm thankful that I won't have to buy very much produce or bread, thanks to the coop we belong to & it's fantastic foods. As you all probably know, I'm not a great believer in quick weight loss products, but I am into quality, unprocessed foods, so that helps us out a huge amount.

When Erin drags his ass off of the couch today, I'm going to have him clean up his stuff & get it squared away, I can't stand the look of my living room these days, because someone is living in it & it's obvious. So ready to have an empty nest, lemme tell ya!

No comments: