Sunday, October 19, 2008

Trash Crafts?

Did you ever make gum wrapper chains when you were a kid? We did. I remember walking up to the store with my brothers, buying a pack of Wrigley's & saving each piece of foil to add to our neverending chain. I think our mom taught us how to make them when we were on a trip to see our grandparents in California, but I can't be sure of that. Anyway, I was reminded of all of that because Rhi was saving Starburst wrappers the other day because she wanted a bracelet made out of them. I told her I'd find the directions & make it for her if she wanted me to, so I've been sitting here, checking email & so on while I make a Starburst chain for her. I often wonder what other wrappers people use for this kind of thing, or what other crafts can be made with trash like candy wrappers. Maybe I'll have to look it up & see what I can find.

No comments: