Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Starburst Stuff!

I finished Rhi's Starburst bracelet (the link is here for anyone else who wants to make one) & went out & bought more candy so I could make some more. I just think they're so cute & colorful, you know? I wish I could get a hold of all of the colors of the wrappers, it would be fun to make them for all of my friends in their favorite combinations. So, I've been keeping my eyes open for bags of them in different flavors than I already have. I know, this seems like something that would be more appropriate for an acne-troubled teen, but I love doing things with unusualitems, and always loved making gum wrapper chains as a child, so this is perfect for me.

I sit here & fold the wrappers while I'm watching TV or talking, so that when I'm ready to put them together, the links are all ready & I don't have to fold while I'm assembling. It makes the actual jewelry assembly a lot faster & more fun for me, too. Anyway, that's this week's crafting obsession!

No comments: