Thursday, October 16, 2008

Smalltowns

I love living in a small town, for the most part. There are things that really are aggravating, though, like the smalltown attitude, thing & the fact that it's smalltown Utah & things are sometimes very 19th century. It's hard to find all of the cool things everyone seems to have in the stores, too. Troy uses Micro SD cards in his pocket PC, and we've been able to find exactly one card in the months that he's been looking. I use XD cards in my camera, and I've never been able to find one here, yet.

For my size & budget, there are two places for me to shop for clothing here in town. One of them I can really only afford if they're having a sale, and since I don't want to wear what everyone else is wearing, I either go to St. George or shop online. I'd rather shop in St. George, that way I can see the clothing & check the length on pants and such to make sure they're long enough for me.

I love that we have clean air & water and that it's quiet & beautiful here. I also love the low crime rate & extremely low rates for violent crime, so I guess it was a trade off & really, in my opinion, it was all worth it.

1 comment:

Nydia said...

I live in Rio, a biiiig city, and although all the advantages a big city offers, I can't wait to move to a small town, specially for the low crime rate. I uess it's a matter of balance, in the end...

Kisses from Nydia.