Monday, March 17, 2008

Just Thinking

Some things have come up lately, within our family, that have caused me to start thinking about what would happen if I were die suddenly. I don't know what type of financial burden that would place on Troy, because I don't know if I still have my burial policy with his employer, or if they aren't doing them anymore. No, I'm not suicidal, so no worries there! I was just afraid of Rhi's ex for awhile, because he threatened me in a kind of offhand way & I took it more seriously than it was probably intended. That put me in a strange place, mentally, for awhile. I think women (and maybe all people) who have lived a life of domestic violence or abuse for any period of time tend to take those sorts of things very seriously, you know? (and no, Troy has never abused me, it was an ex)

So, I think I need to check into things & make sure that we still have those policies & if not, maybe invest in some.. well.. not burial, since we aren't going that route, but a funeral plan of some type, at any rate. I don't want to be a burden on anyone when I do pass.

No comments: