Monday, March 17, 2008

And.. While I'm At It

I've also been worrying about my brother a lot lately, and I'm not sure why. I feel that the time might be soon that he'll hit rock bottom & want to do something about his alcoholism & maybe check into some alcohol rehab for himself. I hope that when that time comes, his wife will want some help, too, because they both need it so badly. I desperately miss the man he used to be. I miss spending time with him, laughing, camping, grilling, all of the things we used to do as a family after we moved out here. I can't tell him those things anymore, because it just makes him mad, he knows he never does anything with us anymore & I know it bothers him.

I also really hope that Erin never gets as bad as my brother. I hope that he'll wise up and see the path he's walking on long before he gets to the point Steve is at. He has always said that when he thinks he's starting to act like his uncle, he'll be done. I certainly hope that's true.

No comments: