Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Like It

I always wanted to be that person. You know the one.

The one that always stopped eating when they weren't hungry anymore, and couldn't finish all of their food, no matter what it was. That never ate food that they didn't like just because it was there, or because they were eating it so fast they couldn't taste it. The person that could eat whatever they liked because they never overate anything.

Yeah. That person.

Guess what? I am that person now, and I really like it. I've discovered that there are some things that I thought I loved that I don't even like, now that I've slowed down enough to actually taste them. I thought that I loved French fries, and they have been the bane of many a diet for me, but I found out almost a week ago that I don't even like them. They just taste like grease to me. My mom's strawberry short cake? Too sweet. Blood oranges? Not good. I'm sure that as time passes & I taste more things that I'll find out more of my preferences.

I had a tuna wrap for lunch, with some jalapeno & cheddar Cheetos on the side. I didn't finish either of them. The chips went back in the bag & what was left of the wrap is in the garbage. I had a very small bowl of cereal for breakfast & a single serving bag of Sun Chips for a snack a couple of hours later. The best part? I can eat what I want to & I eat when I'm hungry. I don't feel deprived, I don't feel like binging & I'm losing weight, too.

Yay for not dieting!

No comments: