Thursday, December 04, 2008

Contemplation

I've spent a lot of time lost in thought since Troy got home from the hospital, and I know you're all probably tired of hearing about it, but it's what I feel like talking about, so I guess you can read it or ignore it. I've spent time worrying about what I'll do if he dies before I do, you know, how I'll pay the bills, buy groceries & pretty much just survive. I don't see how I would, so I guess I need a plan or something. He has life insurance through his job, but it's pretty much a year's wages & then it's done, so I could theoretically live off of that while I tried to find a job or get job training or something. I know that with my disabilities, I'd qualify for vocational rehab, which would pay for school.

We don't have home owner insurance, because we rent, but should I have renters insurance? Would it benefit me at all? I don't think it really does anything for me unless someone breaks in or something is lost or damaged, right? I know it seems strange for me to be worrying about all of this at 42, but I've almost lost him 3 times, now & when you're a stay at home wife & really don't have a lot of marketable skills, you do worry. It's not like my kids can or will take care of me, they can barely take care of themselves at this point.

I'm just stressed out, most likely over nothing & I know I need to calm down, take a deep breath & move on. I'm trying and I will, it's just going to take me a little while I think.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I'm sorry to hear Troy had a scare. Glad he's alright. I say be proactive...get some schooling now. Maybe a part time job. We rent and have renters insurance. Honestly, if something happened to this house, I'd have my belongings covered....otherwise, you'd have nothing and have to pay yourself to get everything again. Hugs Dy!