Saturday, December 27, 2008

Back to the Grind

I'm desperately trying to get back to the grind of everyday life after the holidays, but I don't really think I'm succeeding very well. All I seem to want to do is hang out with my friends & Troy & play all day, you know? We ended up getting together yesterday afternoon/evening, getting KFC together & then playing Rock Band until almost midnight. I usually sing with Dawn & Vicki, but since I had almost no voice yesterday, I just watched the rest of them play. I'd really like it if we could get a system that we could play it on, so I could learn to use the instruments here at home (I'm shy when I'm learning to play a game). At least that way, I could play even if my voice wasn't cooperating that day, I'm just not sure I want to lay out that kind of money right now.

I spent some time this morning (while I was lying in bed, trying to decide whether I wanted to get up) thinking about engagement rings, since I've had a few myself. I'm not a hugely sentimental person, and I have to admit that I love the ring Troy bought me last year to replace my original engagement ring much more than I liked the first one. The one I currently wear is a sterling silver claddagh with a heart shaped sapphire. The original was 14k gold, with a blue topaz & a couple of tiny diamond chips to either side. I'm not a fan of gold or diamonds, honestly, so that's probably part of the reason I love the second one better.

I discovered at some point this week that my next nice little bug/illness is thrush. I was in a lot of pain on Christmas, by the time we went to bed I was pretty sure of what it was & looked it up on Dr. Google the next morning. I've been hitting the Listerine since then & I'm starting to hurt a lot less now, thankfully. I'll really be happy when I start to feel good again, I'm really getting worn down from being sick all the time. I'd love to feel good enough to get up & clean my house again, I miss it being clean to my standars, you know?

No comments: