Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Life Comes at You Fast

That commercial isn't kidding. Yesterday, Troy went to his doctor appointment for a two week follow up on a medication he had just started and came home with a prescription for insulin. I really wasn't expecting it & it hit me pretty hard. It feels like everything in our life changed at that moment, you know? Questions were rolling around in my head, with me wondering if he'll be able to get a passport still, and if he can, if he can handle a transatlantic flight and dumb stuff like that. Those were all masking my actual fear that the insulin isn't going to work & he won't make it through this. I started crying by the time we got to the store& we had to sit in the car & talk about everything before could even think about going inside & facing reality. I'm not great with it all, but I know it's the way life is & I'm accepting it.

While we were at the store, Rhi I texted Rhi to tell her what was going on. She was out on a date, but we always kind of keep in touch, no matter what's going on. We chatted back & forth for awhile & then she asked me if she could move back in. Of course I'm not going to tell her she can't, so we no longer have an empty, or even nearly empty nest, since Erin has been staying here since August & Rhi is back, now, too. It's different this time around, we aren't raising them & Rhi is doing a lot of changing, so I'm hoping life will coninue to just be mellow for us.

No comments: