Friday, August 08, 2008

Trying to Keep Busy

My dad is having his first radiation treatment for his cancer right now, so I'm trying to keep my mind as busy as possible. I can't seem to stop worrying about him & this whole course of treatment, so I'm hoping that if I keep my mind so full of trivial things then I won't have time to worry. We'll see how well that works out for me.

It's already been a fairly trying week, first off Dawn's room-mates didn't put any money away to pay their half of the rent (and it doesn't help that the only one working can't seem to make it through a whole week without "getting sick") & she had to sell her kids school clothes gift cards to come up with enough to keep them from getting evicted and then my god-daughter got arrested again, then my grandma took a turn for the worse & died the next day, and now my dad's cancer has progressed & he's started treatment.

We're getting away for the weekend, just camping, but we really find that to be more relaxing and rejuvenating than any other vacation we could ever take. It's probably because we aren't racing around trying to get anything done, we're just concentrating on relaxing, talking & being together. Dawn plans to go with us, I don't know if Rhi or Erin are, yet, I haven't had a chance to talk to them yet.

I'm saving up to buy us a 32" flat screen TV & I'm trying to decide whether we want to get a stand for it, or a TV wall mount, instead. I'm kind of leaning towards the stand, because we really don't have a lot of wall space in an area where we could actually watch TV, although I'm thinking of moving the furniture around in here & seeing what looks best, so we'll see.

No comments: