Friday, January 20, 2012

Weird!

I had the strangest dream last night. In my dream, my daughter called me, rambling on & on about pretty much nothing. Nothing she was saying made any sense to me, and then another voice came on the line and said, "Your daughter is having a psychotic break, you need to get down to the ER." I jumped up, put on my shoes and left my bedroom. No one else was home, the house was dark & silent and I had no idea where they were. I got in my car & drove to the hospital, which was also very, very dark. I went in through the ER entrance, but the automatic doors weren't working, so I had to go all the way around to the front, and go in the regular doors.

When I got in, the hall was crowded with abandoned medical carts, food service carts and the like, so I had to weave through all of this to make my way down to the ER area. I seemed to be the only person in any of the public areas of the hospital, at least as far as I could see. I got the the ER, the window was shuttered on the intake window, which also meant I couldn't get in there to find my daughter, so i sat down in the waiting area to see what would happen.

I have no idea what would have happened after that, I woke up, so I never found her, but was filled with anxiety in my waking state. I'll see her this evening, maybe she can shed some light of the two disturbing dreams I've had lately. She may be struggling with her sobriety right now, I'm not sure.

No comments: