Thursday, February 18, 2010

Getting Thinner?

I'm not talking about my body, which, of course, I hope is getting thinner, but wondering if my hair is. My mother has a lot of problems with thinning hair & feels like she has a very noticeable bald spot (I have never noticed it). I know that I have managed to inherit (is that the right word?) pretty much all of my mom's weaknesses, like bad teeth, the fat gene, bad shoulders and so on, so I'm starting to wonder if thinning hair will be an issue for me as I age. My hair is very fine & thin to begin with, it wouldn't take much to make me appear as if I were balding. That's not a thought I particularly relish, let me tell you.

I have heard of taking vitamins for hair loss, but do they work for thinning, as well? Do any of the advertised products for thinning hair actually do anything for it or would I be wasting my money? I seriously don't want to be one of those people that obsesses over this, but I don't want to be bald, either, you know? I'd wear a wig if I had to, but only if it was nice & didn't look fake, I just hope it never comes to that!

No comments: