Saturday, April 14, 2012

Unreliable

Don't you hate it when someone promises to do something with you, pending a certain event happening & then fails to follow through on it? I had that happen recently, where a friend promised to take me out for sushi after he got his taxes back. Taxes came in & I heard nothing from him about it, at all. It's not like he promised to pay my way to the laser spine institute or anything, I know, but don't tell me you want to do something with me when you have no intentions to follow through with it. I've never been a person who makes idle promises to people, not even people I don't really care that much about. If I say I'm going to do something or that I want to do something with you, then I do & am planning it out in my free time. I expect (probably futilely) other people to treat me the same way. I don't ask anyone to do anything that I'm not willing to do myself. Yes, I'm a little angry about it all, but being angry with particular friend has become commonplace these days, unfortunately. I wish he'd pull his head out of his butt, we all miss the man he used to be.

No comments: