Thursday, January 13, 2011

Still Progressing

I did a sneak pre-weigh-in, weigh-n this morning & am showing some really great progress this time around. I sincerely hope that rededicating myself to Weight Watchers and starting back at the basics is going to let me reach my goal this year.

I got into a huge political debate today on Facebook with one of Troy's high school friends, and now I'm just avoiding even being on there. I hate intolerant attitudes and people who truly believe that what they hold dear is the one true path in life. Those people end up being the ones who name-call & generalize because they brainwash so easily. So, I walked away from the whole site for a few minutes, maybe a few hours, I don't know. All I know is that being trashed like that for not being a Neo-Con is unacceptable to me. I'm generally more excited about reading a long list of auto insurance quotes than I am political debate, but he started in with the name-calling immediately and that just sends me over the edge.

Anyway, I think I'll just avoid his "friends" from now on, I don't need that grief in my life. I was actually defending him to begin with & then pretty much got left out in the water as chum, on my own, after that. So, lesson learned, his friends can call bhim a "liberaltard" (and what an eloquent name that is. Not.) if they want to, I'm not getting involved. With anything.

No comments: