Sunday, January 11, 2009

2009

I still can't believe that it's already 2009. This year is the 25th year since high school, that's just amazing to me, especially since, at times, it feels like it was only a couple of years ago. I know that I have kids that are in their 20s, so I haven't lost my mind, it's just that I don't feel old enough, most of the time, to have finished high school 25 years ago. There are days when looking in the mirror is a scary surprise, too, because sometimes I wonder who this old woman is that's looking out of my eyes, but that's probably a different story for a different day.

The weight loss has been going well, the doctor put Troy on a 1200 calorie, low-fat diet when he got out of the hospital & since it's just easier if we all eat the same way, I started it too. I've lost around 20 pounds or so since then.It's pretty much like when I was taking Alli last year, but I don't have to remember to take any pills. Troy is looking absolutely skinny & is off all of his diabetes medications, at least for now, so it's all good in that area, at any rate.

No comments: