Sunday, December 27, 2009

New Year, New Hope?

I'm really hoping that 2010 will bring a stronger, more secure economy. Rhi really needs a job so she can start to get back on her feet again. I'm just about ready for it to just be Troy & I at the house again, and in order for that to happen she has to get a job, keep it long enough to feel stable & start saving up to move out. I don't really see that happening any time soon, but it's a good goal to reach for as a family, I think. It's not like she's on an admin job search, she'd be happy with a dishwashing job or at a fast food place, honestly. She isn't picky, she just wants work & even though I'm not sure she's trying as hard as she could be, she has been trying. It's very frustrating, but we do understand.

So, here's hoping that by next Christmas we'll be alone in our house again & just be able to enjoy their visits. I know that probably sounds fairly selfish, but I really enjoyed the few months that we had & I'm really missing it. After all, I've spent 23 years living for my kids, I'm ready to be done & start living for me, you know?

No comments: