Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pain & Insomnia

It's bad enough to have insomnia, and in my case, falling asleep is rarely a problem, at least initially. My problem is that if I'm awakened as I'm getting into a good, deep sleep I may not find it again. I might just lie there for hours trying. Other times, if I wake in the night for any reason, I can't go back to sleep. Today, it's the latter. I fell asleep wonderfully, and slept great until about 4:15 or so, I woke up from a dream that we were buying Ocean isle real estate and then I had to go to the bathroom. I came back, laid down & realized that my mouth was hurting, and pretty badly. I tried to ignore the pain & go back to sleep, but I knew it wasn't going to happen, so I go up, took some naproxen & am sitting here, hoping it starts to work pretty soon. I would need to be up in an hour & a half anyway, but man I wish I could have just slept straight through, I hate spending Saturday so sleepy.

No comments: