Sunday, July 08, 2012

Big Decisions

My bag is packed, at least as far as clothes go, I still need to see if I have deodorant & such out in the trailer. I know Troy hasn't even thought about the clothes he's taking & I'm almost 100% sure that our son hasn't either, but that isn't my concern, thankfully.

 In past years, we would have been getting ready for our local renaissance faire this weekend & not planning for a camping trip, but we quit two years ago. I had a Pagan booth, where we sold new age goodies and we were on the board of directors, as well. There was a lot of stress and my husband & I fought a lot because of it. I have enjoyed not having to worry about garb, stocking the booth and asking for small business insurance quotes and all of that. I haven't missed the stress and the arguing.

There are things I have missed, like the camaraderie we developed with fellow board members and vendors. I have missed hanging out with the other guilds and just wandering around, providing color & having fun. A member of the board/friend came by yesterday to "pick something up," but mostly it was to talk to Troy & try to get us to come back. It's too late for us to do that this year, the camping trip not withstanding, but we are thinking about it and trying to decide what we want to do.

We both have a lot of mixed feelings about it, and have no idea what our friends are going to think or say about it, but really, in the end, it's our decision and we'll be the ones living with the ramifications.

No comments: